28 April 2015

Pretty Patchwork Baby Quilt


It's been a while since I finished a new quilt. Quite a while. It was hard to know where to start when I started to feel like sewing again and had some free time. Pinterest? WIPs? Flickr? My list of "make someday" quilts?


To get back into the swing of things, I decided it was time for some pure, pressure-free fabric play.  The results? A series of fabric stacks, all ready for some simple patchwork baby quilts.


It's also been a while since I focused on "just" patchwork, and I had fun with this one!  It measures about 32" x 40", and is a mix of Anna Maria Horner prints from both her Pretty Potent and True Colors lines.  


The color palette seems to focus on the super-girly magenta tones, but I love how these prints mix them with interesting blues and neutrals. For quilting, I kept it simple, too, with single diagonal lines.


I chose a similarly girly-but-fascinating print for the backing, and bound it with a turquoise solid to bring out the little glimpses of the same tone in many of the prints.


This quilt plays quite nicely with my reverse value mod mosaic quilt, too.

(photography help)

3 comments:

  1. Really nice! I love seeing baby quilts with strong colours like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty! Simple patchwork is the best ; )

    ReplyDelete

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!