15 July 2012

Vacationland

Maine's state nickname is Vacationland. Really. One word.

Amidst my new summery life of boat rides, sunscreen, and beers in the backyard, I have been sewing, just a little. My current project has to stay secret for a little while, but here's a peek at how things have been going.

I always love to see people's before and after shots, so I quickly snapped this nice pair.  I keep my fabric in an old kitchen cupboard, and getting that thing up a narrow staircase is one of the best achievements of my move.

Before:

(Inspection, of course.)

And after:


(Likely the most organized --mostly by project, few by color-- this space will be for a good long time. Yep, this is neat, for me!)



3 comments:

  1. What a great cupboard! I would love to have something like that to keep fabric in! The kitties look like they claimed it, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking cupboard! Have you ever given thought to organising by colour? =D

    Also I've added some new fabrics into my swap shop, as well as a new one via Flickr. If you're interested feel free to check them out =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/cheraldines-swap-shop.html
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ibescheraldine/sets/72157630591128322/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great cupboard, looks neat to me. I do have a question for you? I was the person on flicker that made your stacked diamonds in black and white (Cindy)....you made a comment that you would have done the background as a rectangle, I would like to know how to do that, instead of the 12.5 block (too much background) could you help me with this.....thanks....C

    ReplyDelete

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!