26 March 2012

Feature Quilt

When I saw this quilt at Film in the Fridge, I knew just what to do with some of the gorgeous hand-printed linen scraps my friend Lynn of South Street Linen gave me to play with!

Along with the linen scraps, I used white, ash, cream, and Kona Tangerine in simple borders radiating off the corner square.  The widths of each layer were sort of randomly chosen and improvised as I went along.   I love how it turned out-- using all solids is a great way to spotlight some really special fabric.

Lynn is an amazing artist, and making some of the softest, prettiest linens (scarves, table linens, and more!) you can imagine.  



I quilted it in straight lines echoing the corner square, and then in L's, varying the density of the straight lines as fabrics changed.  

I pieced a sweet little improv block for the back out of leftover scraps.  I love putting a surprise back there!

It's bound in medium gray, and I gave it some lovely tangerine x details in a corner. Yum!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. i love the simplicity of the neutrals combined with the bright of the orange. very lovely! the quilting is very beautiful also!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!